Homeowners can now receive a 2016 tax credit for their Metal Roofs! In an article published by Metal Roofing Industry News, a report by the MRA states that the U.S. Government has officially approved a $500 tax credit for metal roofs installed in 2015 and 2016. This is a huge deal for Metal Roofers and homeowners alike. Of course with any type of tax credit there are qualifying factors that must be established to receive the credit.
Qualifying Tax Credit Factors Include:(Factors Listed per MCN.com)
- Metal roof must be placed on a homeowner’s principal residence.
Tax Credit is for 10% of the cost of the roof, excluding labor, with a maximum deduction of $500.
- Metal roofs with appropriate pigmented coatings that also meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible. Visit Energy Star site for more information.
- Only highly reflective roofs will qualify – the IRS defines this as “appropriately pigmented coating that is specifically and primarily designed to reduce the heat gain of the dwelling unit.”
- This tax credit is for remodeling projects only, not new construction.
Homeowners will need a Manufacturer Certification Statement to file with IRS Tax form 5695.
- 2015 and 2016 installations are eligible for the deduction.
This opens up great opportunities for Metal Roofers to add additional value behind metal roofing systems including StealthBond©.
StealthBond©’s revolutionary system allows for Metal Roofing to be installed without the fasteners. The first of its kind, StealthBond© is The Next Generation of Installation©. Learn about the StealthBond© System here.
For more information on receiving tax credit for metal roofing, click here.
Want more information on StealthBond©? It's easy!
Text NOSCREWS to 84700 today and receive sales sheets and updates on StealthBond© products and news!
*Standard text messaging rates may apply.