Like apple pie and BBQ, StealthBond® is a true American original. Brought to you by the same innovative spirit that launched this great nation, the latest innovation in metal roof installation is today’s greatest alternative metal roofing solution. And we’re here to stay.
Before StealthBond®, Concealed Adhesive systems for metal roofing were just a concept. Our research and development team created the system with an original design based on opportunity in the metal roofing marketplace.
The most significant leap in the industry happened just recently and it’s the StealthBond® System. Today, roofing professionals can use structural adhesive for metal roofing installations. The StealthBond® system allows roofing contractors to install a metal roof without invasive screws.
Who says a nickel ain’t worth a dime? It’s time to say goodbye to the screw.
StealthBond® Inventor, Jim Horton, recognized the need for an alternative to traditional thru-fastened metal roofing systems. Roofing Contractors were looking for an alternative metal roofing installation system that would eliminate the need for penetrating screws.
The StealthBondⓇ System: Unlike Anything You’ve Ever Seen
Installed exclusively by authorized installing dealers, the StealthBond® system is the first major patentable innovation in metal roofing since the screw! StealthBond® is the first concealed adhesive system that uses structural adhesive technology. StealthBond® totally eliminates the need for surface-penetrating screws.
The StealthBond® System is made up of 3 major components including the StealthConnector®, StealthBond® Adhesive and StealthBond® Metal Roofing Panels. StealthBond® is a system, not just an adhesive; however, the StealthBond® Adhesive featured in the system plays a huge part in eliminating fasteners.
The StealthConnector® is a durable metal strapping that is carefully installed across the roof decking. This lightweight strapping becomes the foundation for the StealthBond® Adhesive.
A specially formulated structural adhesive (StealthBond® Adhesive) is applied to the StealthConnector® and acts as the fastening method for the metal roofing panels. No screws!
StealthBond® Metal Roofing
Metal Roofing panels, available in different profiles, lay into the adhesive to adhere securely to the roof.
Take a closer look at our StealthBond® installation video to see how it all works!
Codes and Approvals
StealthBond® holds specific code approvals obtained from hours of extensive testing.
Testing and Specifications:
- American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM E 1592
- Accelerated Testing of Coating 2000 hours, ASTM G23
- Salt Spray testing of Coating 1000 hours, ASTM B 117
- Xenon-arc Light & Moisture Exposure, ASTM G 155
- Fire Resistance Testing, ASTM E108 or UL790
- Physical Properties of Roof Membrane, TAS 110
- Wind-driven Rain Testing, TAS 100-HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone)
- Roof Uplift testing, TAS 125-HVHZ
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 580
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 1897
- Factory Mutual (FM) 4471
- UL-UL Fire Resistance Directory #R20735,-2015
- HVHZ, Miami Dade Code Approval NOA #15-1216.07,-2014- pending
- FBC, Florida Building Code Approval #FL-17955 R 2-11,-2014
- ICC-ES, International Building Code #17-03-08,-2015-pending
It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over
Can’t get enough of StealthBond®? Subscribe to our Blog for the latest in metal roofing. Or, contact StealthBond® today.